The HP printers have built both their trust and reliability over the past few years through their attempt to provide the best service and user experience to all the owners of HP printers and other products. It has been extremely considerable in the fields of quality and timely printing.
However, no machine can work throughout your life without developing an issue within. Similar happens in the case of the HP printers where during the working period, they might develop issues which despite being small, may harm the working nature of the user from time to time, if not taken care of immediately. One of such issues which are encountered by many HP printer users is that ‘HP Printer Not Printing.
Both the HP company as well as the users of the printers have yet not been able to discover what might have been the reason behind the issue developing from time to time in the HP printers. Not to forget, it is not only an issue faced by HP printers but all sorts of printers manufactured due to technical errors or some other reasons.
Why does my ‘HP printer won’t print black?
Speaking of reasons which might have been causing the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issue, there could be a lot. When observed and noted rightfully, it is proven that such an issue generally arises when a new cartridge is installed in the HP printer. The same might not be the reason but the time period is generally around the installations of the Ink cartridges.
- As the first and foremost thing, improper removal of the breather tape is generally the reason behind the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issue.
- Another reason could be that the Ink cartridges that have been presently installed in your HP printer might have dried out or are insufficient to process the given print command.
- The installation of cartridges that are not original even cause the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues.
- The less or no usage of HP printers for a long time might also be a reason behind the same issue.
- The location of the HP printer might also affect its working and affect the printing process.
How do I get rid of the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issue?
Now comes the fixing of the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues. There are several ways to avoid and stop the printing issues, some of which are generally the ones which could be followed and carried out easily by the users themselves despite insufficient or no knowledge of computers and printers. Some of such solutions are listed and explained below:
1. First, the removal of the breather tape from the cartridge that is being installed is very important. The improper removal of the breather tape might cause the ink to remain vacuum sealed inside the cartridge and it will not come out for any printing process, no matter what.
2. Next, you must make sure that the Ink cartridges that have been installed and are being used by your HP printer should be in a condition to print well and should not be dried. In case the ink cartridges have dried out, the printing process would not continue any further. So make sure of the same and in case the ink cartridges are dried out, install the new ones immediately.
3. Also make sure that the Ink cartridges are also original and not very low quality generic. It is generally observed that the HP printers work most effectively when the Ink cartridges are original because a very low-quality generic cartridge might hamper and affect the working of the printer causing the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues.
4. Also try to use your HP printer on a daily basis by giving print commands so that, neither the Ink cartridges dry out, nor any other problem arises causing the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues.
5. Make sure and be certain of the fact that the printer that you are using should not be set in a hot location or position by any chance. If this happens, the ink will clot inside when the printer is not being used. Therefore it is recommended that the HP printer should be set in a cooler place which helps in preventing the printer from facing the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues.
These were a few recommendations and possible ways which you could try out if your HP printer is facing the ‘HP printer won’t print black’ issues. We are positive that the issue might have been resolved by now and in case it is not, you may try contacting the experts through the contact details given on the HP printer official website online.